Jul 27, 2008

new and old



When the other half conquers the laptop...I'm not getting any TLC from her or the laptop...that's huge problem I usually have since it's her laptop..so that's when I decided to get a wii..it has a browser for internet surfing..I was contented for a while..but to write an entry with it is a pain in the butt...also typing with dopod...such a small keyboard i'm getting thumb cramps....

So yesterday wifey gave an ok to get laptop....woohooo..my 1st choice is a macbook....yes morgan..I didn't get a macbook yet...the pic I showed u previously just me buying it for my officemate...I dun print money here...and after setting it up for arlene...I fell in love with the small details they had in the laptop..its an engineering marvel..when I compared the screen side by side with the thinkpad...it has more umpphh...more lively and vibrant colours...now I understand why graphic designers and photographers prefer apple than windows...or maybe the thinkpad had too much smudges..finger prints...food leftover...bacteria under the keyboard...I can grow a bacteria farm on it...anyway I decided its just too pricey and overrated...I still prefer the thinkpad over anything else...the best analogy is to describe a thinkpad like a volvo and macbook like porsche....volvo exudes prestige and safety and the latter just to show off...nuff said

So now my 2nd choice and only choice I guess is to get an eeepc...the ultra cheap and portable laptop..its been in the market for almost a year and making dell and hp looks like an idiot...they are hammering the market and the major manufacturer are trying to play catch up....they just announced the 8.9 inch screen version for aud550..and the 7inch older sibling popping up in ebay for half the price...heck i'm cheap...just to surf and do some blogging would be enuff with the small screen..not like i'm gonna write a freakin novel or do programming on it....also would be great for a travel companion and dump all my pics in there...

And yes..talking abt pictures...my dslr pic counter have rolled over to 00001 while i'm in kedah...meaning we've shot over 10,000 pictures when I got the camera back in dec. That's quite a feat but saddening coz I still think the pic I took really sucks...and I hate photoshopping pictures..its not my thing....but I truly hold wht the guy who invented light bulb commented on his failure..."I have found 1000 way not to invent a light bulb"..was it thomas edison? Too lazy to look up on wikipedia.....till then..

2 comments:

Maryam A. Razak. said...

WAT YOU LIED TO ME ??!!!
OH MY GODDD !!

i like photoshop , its so cool.
hehe.

oh yesterday i went to a party at my friend's house and she's really rich so she has a lot of computers.
and she has like desktop mac yg flat screen tu like those huge ones you see at an Apple store.
canggih gilaaaa.

by the way why is everyone calling me morgan now ?
especially u and bibi midah.
ur children might probably call me morgan as well.
D:

the evil genius said...

those imac really looks awesome..especially those with white decoration in the house...

Ok lah..i won't call morgan..nanti perasan plak kan....