Aug 7, 2008

Moby Dick



I never read the book..just saw a glimpse on tv many years ago..not sure whether it was a movie or a mini series...but at least I knew wat it was all abt...anyways..for the last couple of month whales have been spotted from the beach to do their thing up in hervey bay..sorta their yearly pilgrimage and have a partayyy....so for the past couple of month i've been waiting at the beach during weekends with my zoom lens to catch this magnificent creatures swimming with their groupie...and every time I dun see a thing...I can't do this everyday coz the beach is freezing cold and I looked like a pervert snapping photos of the surfers dude there...hell no!
This is the end of the migratory period and the next time we'll be seeing them again would be in oct when they finished doing their thing and coming back to the antartic...and today when I hopped into my bus to the office..I gazed thru the window overlooking the ocean..I saw water spouting up from this giant beast....I think my jaw dropped...still couldn't believe they are here in front of my beach..well I claimed to be my beach...there was 2 of them moving to the north of the city and I was really tempted to ring the bell and walked out of the bus...but I figured..wats the use if i dun have the proper gear to capture the moment...
I was kicking myself for not carrying the camera coz they are such a beautiful creatures...the crappy camera phone would only catch the window of the bus...arghhhh......now i'm very excited to go for the whale watching tour if there are any available...

Written by Captain Ahab

0 comments: