Oct 13, 2005

Any given day

I've skewed my intial plan from lesser books and more Quran during Ramadhan. Just finished the final installment of Shopaholic books..The Sister story..it seems like Sophie Kinsella need to move away from the character and storyline as it is quite predictable after the 3rd book. I'm quite annoyed with the character as she's doesn't really emphasize on the evolving character..same ol Becky...it's just irritating..Last week, while waiting for my biz partner to arrive in KLCC, i went up to Kinokuniya just to browse around some books and I stumbled upon a review of evidence presented in Da vinci Code...hehehe...i grabbed the book and went straight to the cashier and smiling my way back as if I'm the only person in the world who knew this theory..
Had the buka puasa in Shrooms..it was ok..hoping i can get oyster but instead took alot of shushi's..It seems like all major buffet provider are hiking up their prices due to fuel price..bunch of BS..To make things worst..it was Terawikh time..and 3 wannabe Idol ladies went up to the stage with their tight fitting clothes sings like it's in the pub..i was like..wtf..and here i am not going for the Terawikh...i hate break fast outside..had enough of buffets ,hotels food last, loud music and awful singing..guess they were too old to join AF or Idols
The other day, Mercy replied back with the form for volunteers job. Gosh, i'm having second thoughts to join the activities as 'm too tied up with my own work. They even invited me to come down to KLCC this week for fund raising which I declined diplomatically..giving some lame excuse..too many commitments this year..gonna join u guys next yr..hahahah..what a bull..It's been ages for me to do charity work. It was a piece of cake while i was in uni previously..but now..seems like I do not want to leave my comfort zone. Darn it man..I'll kick myself!! Wifey..already warned me..No overseas humanitarian effort..Only domestic ones..aiseyman. Thought I can hitch a free ride to Iran or Sudan and help people. Somebody told me last week, one of the volunteers was a Malaysian architect with zero knowledge on medicine, was sent to Aceh during the tsunami crisis..Now, he's spearheading the team to re-build Aceh. Now that's a contribution to humanity.. But, in the application form, there boxes to tick..Areas of expertise..hmmm..am not a doctor..not a skilled carpenter...not a emergency rescuer..crap!! I dun have basic skills for survival..All those Scout or cadet co-coriculum ( did i spell it rite) was useless...I was trained to survive in the corporate jungle..but not for this..Even my current skills in sales also useless...It's not like i'm gonna negotiate to implement enterprise resource mgt for the victims...But they do have boxes for PR, fundraising and IT..quite interesting..maybe i'll tick those..
Pakistan was ravaged by 7.6 richter scale...really shocked as if it was yesterday the tragefy in Turkey and Iran...now another one...Is it a sign? Only God knows...Al-Fatihah to all victims perished in the catastrophe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sapo yg update nih..?? gjoule ke cheeky...? sapo yg baca shopaholic tuh..? gjoule ke cheeky..??

nways, baca ler memoir of a geisha..they're making a movie soon...jom g tgk reramai...erk...lupa cheeky x suka g cinema....

Anonymous said...

Menarik gak tu cite pasal geisha..Zhang Zi Yi yg berlakon...hehehe

Anonymous said...

yani giler