May 4, 2005

Jagged Little Pill - 1995

That year Alannis Morrisette release an album called Jagged Little Pill. She took the world by storm..30Mill album sold..1st US female artist to reached that height..why i remembered this..I was watching " The Story of Alannis" on MTV..which really inspired me to write this blog even though I was thinking to write on the happenings around me for couple of days..
My memory still could recall vividly when i bought the 1st CD..pirat*d btw..i was student at that time..on a lousy JPA loan..It was on Petaling street..that time, no vcd peddlers prowling around the food court or Low Yat still in the drawing board...I usually stopped by to PS before taking the bus home in Pudu Station. I can still remember the smell on diesel engines spewing black smoke from some old clunking buses. It was 1995, I just bought my 1st PC..it was Pentium 133Mhz, with 1.2 gig HD, 32 RAM...it was my rig..thy machine of a geek's wet dream..2 month later..intel introduced Pentium MMX and the rest, you can say..history...
Coming back to Alannis..I was so attracted to this album..coz one..she's a lady..2..she sings alternative rock..and it was 1995..most women sings pop or r&b..three,the album loaded with great songs..it was a good buy..10 bucks I think...4..the theme was not about the lovey dovey love song...but about life..abt reality..which seldom I heard in the radio...FYI, during that time we still listen to radio..not Winamp playing MP3 downloaded from the Net or IRC. The lyrics was beautiful, full of emotion and unique, the melodies was darn catchy and not a monotonous like these days..
She was singing just to have fun..not caring abt whether listener could accept her..she just dun give a sh*t about it...Avril is basically a clone of her and programmed by the MTV propaganda..to increase viewers who are so tired with teen pops like Britney and others pop dolls...Alannis was a pioneer in this genre..in the 90s i mean..coz in 60s there was this lady named Janis Joplin..the Woodstock era that have the same attitude..smoke pot some more.."dun drink and drive..if you can smoke and fly"...hahahaha
10 years have passed by...where was I during that 10 yrs time..let me see...took A-Level, pass some exams..went to BCHEM in KYPMKL..then 97-98 economic downturn..went to MMU for 4 yrs..graduated and work my ass of till today..and married to a lovely girl...Have i achieved what i thought I could achieved in 1995?...that part was blurry..but i could still remember telling my friends that I will never wear a neck tie to work..and here I am wearing neck ties every stinking day and cuff links some more..hahaha..what a hypocrite..What can I say more over the past 10 yrs..I had fun, laugh a lil bit, flunk exam on Econometrics ( the lowest days of my life)...met a lot of cool people..teenage life was awesome..do not know the meaning about mortgages, car loans, credit cards, quotas, proposal writings, monday blues...would I go back to go thru it again..not a chance..had my time..now..i'm looking forward for the next 10 yrs...where would i be then...only God knows...

Ironic - Alannis