Apr 21, 2009

A new beginning for big ol' me..

My orientation lasted 1 1/2 days...there was like 30 over new hire onboarding on thursday..they go thru all intros...basic SOPs, do's and dont's..same thing i heard 4 yrs ago..but the major difference was..they have orientation or briefing instead of.."here's your thinkpad..good luck!"...before lunch time you'll be in a meeting without knowing what it is all abt...and majority of new hire back then will quit within the next 12 month due to frustration, sense of belonging and just flabbergasted with the amount of processes to get one thing done. If one can survive 1 yr in there..and still kept the sanity in tact..you're good to go..
Plus now, we got a new thinkpad instead of used up..5yrs old laptop..one major disadvantage owning one..it just keep on going not like other brands..sorta pakai buang scheme..
Well, they gave me a T61...a 14inch widescreen chugger..It's almost twice as big as the eeepc..my back gonna curse me for this...may well serve the whole lifetime i'm here..coz it's like a tank...i think only those who have used thinkpad would appreciate the durability and built quality of the machines and forgiving its quirkyness..mainly its lame colour and screen brightness.
I thought i'm getting the xseries..the one i used before..but with deployment center have a rule to follow...male getting the t's and female gets the x's...coz it's lighter. it seems like i wont be getting rid of my asus eeepc yet.

Sent from my Nokia E71 phone

0 comments: