Apr 12, 2009

THE EDGE IN SEPANG

Since getting this phone..i've added unlimited celcom broadband to my bill..opted for the RM68 instead of rm98 which supports hsdpa..but i figured..only city centres have the 3.5mbps pipeline...so why bother paying 30ringgit extra if the service is crap..even usj area still connected to 3G..with intermittent connection to the latest 3.5G bandwith...to my surprise when we went to alor star..the 3G coverage is pretty good..i was able to surf way much faster than a dial up modem...but it took me awhile to tether the nokia to my ubuntu eeepc...luckily i just updated the laptop to the latest distro which supports e71....sigh.....and here in sepang..they finally rolled out EDGE aka 2.5G pipeline...yeah still slow but atleast it is stable not as erratic as the dial-up...so after many2 years using the 1515 service..i might just cancel that account..and for the 1st time i'm able to post an entry from my hometown...wooohoooo
Thank you celcom( this entry by no means endorsing the service provided to other areas..and not paid advertisement)

Sent from my Nokia E71 phone

0 comments: