Sep 16, 2008

The waiting game



As far as I can remembered, i've been running around like a headless chicken to be somewhere..appointments..meetings..discussion..chasing for proposal..kow towing clients. Plus I really hate waiting..I can't stand when i'm ready to go out and wifey still going at it with the lipstick and stuff....whilst I loved the rushing and pushing..it did wear me out...
Anyway..since i've been here...it was the opposite. I got more downtime...more waiting...no rushing...no running except chasing my bus.
.no deadline to meet...it kinda slow and steady ride...like an old black and white movie starring audrey hepburn..full of silent moment..add to that my new found interest in photography encourage me to wait...yup waiting for the best moment to capture a picture..it was hard..coz I loved to just shoot away and hoped for the best..and kept running. I always remembered while i'm driving in KL to just stop and enjoy the view..whether a sunset or a cloud formation..but I can't coz i'm rushing to another place..now I can do it...Now I can afford to just pause..pull out the camera and shoot..where ever I want..no place i'm rushing to..it's pretty liberating...
In my previous employment..they preached abt work l
ife balance...but here..they are living it...it's a reality...I can see parents walking with kids from school, going to the park..on weekdays!...I mean how can they do it...how can they have a downtime...coz i'm betting when I get back to msia..the only downtime i'll have is when the mail server is down..

5 comments:

~ayoi~ said...

Mr evil: I'm not a photography expert, but I can share my view. In order to capture "the right" picture, one must've a creative mind and sharp senses. Or in the other hand, one must be creative to "manipulate" an ordinary photo. You can explore IR photography or HDR for better effects.

the evil genius said...

was toying around with HDR last weekend but gave up on it..still looking for an easy GUI apps for linux...the one i tried didn't do much...

Anonymous said...

I am neither a photographer nor a blogger, but is that Thomas the Choo-choo twain? Heheh i am clearly a mother! Choo-choo!!!!!

ummi of triplet said...

hahahahaha

itu steam train apa ntah but if come here during school holidays....they will transform it into thomas the choo choo train...seriously!!!

Anonymous said...

Hah! Clearly my motherly instinct is right! Choo-choo!!!