Sep 15, 2005

The long and short

I took MC today...the 3rd for this year I guess...probably once every quarter end. This is when you felt depressed,stressed and tired. I called up to my customer in Perak to postpone my presentation tomorrow..just no mood to do presentation..sheesh..
It has been a hectic week with soo many things to be looked upon..places to go..meetings to attend..customer to follow-up..Last tuesday..as I was watching House..my business partner called up at 11pm to get RM 120K discount!! WTF...What can i do in the middle of the nite to give you discount..If its my company..i wont do it anyway..we end up arguing for this deal till 12am...After much pushing and shoving and a bit diplomacy...we both gave up and came up with another idea so both of us in a winnning position..I sent an email to my team to re-propose the hardware specs with another config and urge them to get me the quote by 12 noon Wenesday.
Come Wednesday..I barked on my team to get the config up and quote out like crazy..seems like the technical team was away for some on-site excursion..So by 11am, i haven't got anything in my hand and the partner is going to meet the Exec Director at 12.30pm...I've got like 1 1/2 hr to get this sorted out.While in the smoking room..thinking..hehehe..I bump into the product manager and asked if he can give me a further discount..The dude said..Do It!!..I called up the CEO and mention my commitment for further discount...he said..Ok..Not even a thank you..crap!!Then I made a mad dash to Putrajaya to meet another dude with another deal in Perak..to cut it the story short..I did not get both deals...Arghhhhhh!!!
The customer have a change of heart and wanted to have a different offering..which led me to believe some political power in the board in action...
Me and CEO hang out in Star*ucks till 6pm and smoked like crazy just to get over this frenetic issue. I called up my boss and mention the situation..he just kep quite..hopefully he understand..Nah..i guess i'm gonna get screwed next week business review...better be prepared for it..
So after too much nicotine in the afternoon, i had a sore throat and throbbing headache...and the long and short of the story today...I'm blogging in the middle of the day on my couch with the TV on...that's life

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

quote "smoked like crazy"

patut laa sakit tekak!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hehehe..tu la..next week i pi beli shisha..leh smoke kat umah under controlled environment i.e you!