Feb 24, 2009

The interview

One thing I hate abt going for interviews..is the aptitude test..it's not just abt the writing skills and grammar..but they test you on logical thinking..i'm not mensa member for crying out loud. The last time I did an algebra question was 10 yrs ago...arghh...my brain is working overtime..it's been idle for a very long time. If they gave me the questions while I was 18...it would be piece of cake..now it's like rocket science...
I should have practiced with kelly's kumon work book before going to this interview...there was 3 part questions with each part consisting of 40 multiple choices...wish i'd brought along my lucky dice..all are weird questions like abefnu..so wats the next alphabet?...the math part was the last one I did..lots of fractions and algebra...and when I was doing the 10th question..the hr lady took away my paper...noooooo....my brain had just shifted to 2nd gear and flexing its muscles when I realized I spent 2hrs doing the test.
To further my brain injury..I have to write an essay using my own handwriting..gosh it was so bad..i'm so used to convey my thoughts using keyboard or keypad..that my handwriting was so alien to me. I can't believe my handwriting is that bad..I usually joke abt it with the mates in my previous office..my mom always wanted me to be a doctor but I flunked my biology...so doctor's handwriting is the closest thing I ever achieve in medical profession...
Then came the occasional interview.....most of the questions are std..like..tell me abt urself?..or r u comfortable working long hours?..so I just yadda yadda..my std answers..an unbelievable bs spewing out of my mouth..it was a party in there!..
So would I get it...I hope not...it's a 20million quota for god sake...with a measly pay...so off to the hunting ground again....

3 comments:

Hazelsyd said...

gjoule,

all the best with job hunting..insyaallah murah rezeki ko nanti tak lama tu dapat lah keje yg bersesuaian..aku doakan..

Olpicture said...

turut juger mendoakan... adoi! ingat lagi interview nak masuk keje dulu... (put tis in ur thought bila jawab soalan tuh) You are the Crown! Be the Crown! ha ha!

the evil genius said...

hazel/amin,
thanks