Feb 26, 2009

Call center quiz show

For the past couple of years..call center have came up with a very bright idea..verifying the callers by asking some random questions abt the person's mother or how he pays the credit card bill...on the surface..it's easy..coz as a consumer..one do not have to memorize some stupid 10 digit verification pin code...and the questions are pretty easy..2-3 minutes and ur done.
But the problem surfaces it's ugly head when..like me have to call the center 3 times in a day..coz each call I made..the helpdesk unable to give a straight answer regarding my replacement card and promised to call me back..yeah rite..I have better chance winning the lottery or marrying adriana lima..wait..she just got married..darn it..strike that off from my wish list..
So the quiz show begins...what's ur billing? And like most of us..I moved a lot..and when we went to australia..I changed my billing address again to either my hometown or the in-law...sometimes my brother's place..so I think I gave the wrong answer to the lady it seems..so she asked me another question..wat's my mother's name..piece of cake..wat's ur credit limit? Frankly speaking I never bothered abt my credit limit coz in oz I never used it..so again wrong answer..
The more wrong answer I gave ..the more questions she gave me back...I think this person is screwing with me..thinking she's jalaludin hasan in who wants to be a millionaire ( note to danny boyle : slumdog rawks...as good as trainspotting!) ..she might just mute the phone and laughing her ass off on how dumb this dude is...can't answer a simple questions
So after one round of quiz show...which I dunno the answers I gave are correct or not...she went to check into the system ( I hoped it's not DOS or something primitive) and gave me an innocent answer..."there's nothing in the sys abt ur zing card..are u sure u applied for it"..ok..first u treat me like an idiot..now i'm a moron? So I explained everything from the beginning on my predicament..why I applied a new credit card..the zing card..the delivery to the branch..the multiple calls I made abt both card to ensure everything in order...she listened and hopefully took some notes..not! And promised to get back to by end of the day.
At 4.30pm I called to make sure everything is ok..and nobody called me yet....so I have to go thru the same ordeal again..so to cut this entry short..read back from second paragraph...
Then by 7pm since it is confirmed it's the end of the day..and nobody called me yet...pls read the second paragraph again....
At the end of this quiz show..I answered a bunch of questions without winning anything...and they can't even answer my one question...where is my effing zing card???
Today I called again coz the 7.30pm person didn't return my call..figures...and yet again the same questions...then I put my foot down refusing to be interrogated like a terror suspect with these lame ass questions..I mean c'mon..it's not like I want to access to the billions dollars stashed in the account..I just wanna know where is my zing card..it's not that confidential...who cares if a nigerian scam artist got hold of this info....and this dude acting like a nazi helpdesk..sorry I cannot help you..minus the accent..so after the stand off..both dun want to cave in...and I really need the zing card..and to get things moving...I again answered the questions..this time before he finishes each question...hahaha up yours sucka..
Finally he confirmed no application was lodged for my card...I took deep breath..and look up the ceiling...I wish I can upload myself into this phone and download back at the other side of this line and smack his face with the keyboard..but i'm just to tired to argue..it ain't that hard to answer my question ...so gotta wait another 2 more freakin week for it..would there be an additional entry abt this..I seriously hope not...

p/s : this entry was written wholly in one sitting while waiting for the missus at the car park..many mosquitoes died during the making of this entry...

2 comments:

Azurah Anuar said...

i had the same problem with you and guess what, after all the hassle i finally got my zing card.

but it doesn't ended there.

the instructions said that i just have to use it tat the tng lane to activate it.

as easy as a,b,c.

guess what again?

my card couldn't be activated.

is that a bad luck or a bad service?

stupidos.

the evil genius said...

that reminds me to follow up on the card this week