Oct 8, 2008

Politics and me...

Australia got a new leader in the opposition party...brendan nelson was voted out from the liberal tribal council and will be seating as a backbencher. The voting was called by him to draw a line for supporters but I guess it back fired. He failed to forge alliance within his party and that was the main factor of his exile. The new and upcoming leader...winning the immunity challenge is malcolm turnbull...he was the deputy of liberal clan aka brendan's no 2...this reminds me of a reality tv I used to watch way back....and note the similarities ...wat a twist of event we have here..I wonder malaysia can top that...it has a good plot...the cliffhanger..the controversy

Now the US presidential election, it reminds me of American Idols...coz ppl vote for the most popular...the cutest voice...obama n mccain have great public speaking skills..even palin the alaskan governor..but very shaky on her attendance though...they all give false promises...like i'll do my best for the fan...I mean country...vote for me...critics have a love hate relationship...media spins any juicy story whether heartwarming or just slander...die hard fans have their own FC like akademi fantasia and brings huge banners...

Malaysia would be the Apprentice...we'll see whether Paklah gonna get the axe - Ur fired!....is he sleeping on the job? Twidling his thumb or he has a comeback plan and ready for round 2....would there be a shocking change to the premiership...yeap the cliffhanger ...cue music....and whether the change is just another dillusional promises of corporotacracy in action...a term from John Perkin's Confession of the Economic Hitmen....stay tuned..

Good time ain't it? The world is just one big soap opera..the politicians as the main cast....and as an old song nicely described it "sometimes truth stranger than fiction"....

I just recently watched 2 documentaries titled Zeitgeist and America : freedom to fascism that inspired this entry...coz I love good conspiracy theories..


0 comments: