Jan 24, 2008

the unsung hero

this is how the story goes.......

For the past 3 month..i've been going to the local swim school on tuesday evening 8-9pm. Made friends with the 3 guys and 3 girls attending the same class with me. The girls are from malaysia, brunei and south africa....the guys not that interesting to be written here..hehehehe

Anyways...i'm not a natural born swimmer..my main habitat is the land called LAND with AIR around it...it's been to my understanding that human live of solid ground...no where else....So going swimming is quite a biggie for me...all this time on earth..i never tried it before and were quite scared shit at times...coz money is flowing out from my wallet to the coach and yet i still can't float and breathe correctly....i'm freakin bleeding chlorine damn it....but last tuesday..i finally managed to swim the whole lap of the pool...it's a kiddy pool not the olympic size version...around 25m..but heck it's quite a feat for a land loving person like me. Rick, one of the uninteresting guy but always love to flirt with the girls was also impressed. He said it took him almost 4 yrs to swim and i did it in 3 months...ok coming back to the title above..

Since now i can properly swim...meaning in public area without the public humiliation...i gathered enough courage to swim in the beach pool near my house...i've been practising my strokes here since early january..sorta new yr resolution....so last wednesday..it was pretty windy with high tides...though the beach pool are not connected directly to the ocean..but the waves was huge...and there I was sitting at the pool with my legs in the water when this huge waves crash into the pool and swept me away to the side..almost crushing me between the rocks...but i tried to act cool and stood up..and act macho...hehehe..though deep in my mind...it was like my whole life flashing in front my eyes...near death experience minus the gory stuff
In this panic... this mother was trying to push out her daughter out of the pool and was looking at me for help....and as a good samaritan like me would do..i pulled her out of the pool and walked away in slow motion....i dun want slip and land on my butt after a rescue like that..hehheeh..the mother said thank you...twice....i coolly replied..no problem...

See honey...your hubby is a hero...he's not there just to check out the ladies..but to make the world a better place....rising to the occasion..without thinking his own safety...everybody is a hero in his/her own rights...but that day..it was me....ok too much of Heroes the tv series cliches....but heck....i dun care.....
eat your heart out mr lifeguard.....

12 comments:

ummi of triplet said...

ecececce
u know and i know

pi..o poooo
wai..o yoooo
poyoooooo

adcebol said...

that soo predictable..anak pompuan makcik..memang leee
cobeee atok makcik??? ndak ke rescue??

ummi of triplet said...

bol....thats why i lurve u more than i love izyani

u understand me
i understand u

Olpicture said...

so, does this rick guy hitting on you? do you wear red speedo... i just try to get the illustrative answer when "walking in slow mo" part...

Cheeky! you pakai bikini merah jugak tak?

the evil genius said...

wifey...u have a hubby as a hero also complaint..ur suppose to be lois lane...

cebol..dun be jealous of me..the mother was pretty cute though...but ur rite bout the atok makcik..i might pretend not seeing anything..

amin..i'm too sexy in those red speedo...too much 6 pack abs in plain view..gotta wear boardies nowadays..hehehe

Anonymous said...

omg gjoule....u learnt 2 swim after the big three zero kah? n i thot u kampong boy larrrr...kampong boy x pernah terjun sungai kah? ooppppsss..

CHEEKY...n u think i care? huh...lalala...

the evil genius said...

yani...u never been to my kampung...my sungai was rated as the worst in the world....no organism would ever survive in it

ummi of triplet said...

not just ur kampung dear...even my kampung pun dia tak pernah sampai...or nyaris sampai is it?

ahhh...there i go again...sorry yani..cant help it

Anonymous said...

oit mr. evil..i sampai dah kampong u...lalala..

n mrs.devil...sampai kiamat ko ungkit kan..??? wekwekkkk

ummi of triplet said...

yani...how can i not forget...its not mengunkit...tp more like sweet bitter memories kot...maybe i shud blog abt it...jap i rasa i penah buat pantun psl ni...nanti i dig my old entry and copy paste the pantun at my next entry

Anonymous said...

i like the fact that yani has almost made it to pah's kampung...its very edgy...sort of "yani believe it or not!"

ummi of triplet said...

i suka..."yani believe it or not"

hahahahha

lepas tu i dpt sms...sorry yada yadda yaddaaaaa...tengkiu yani for makin my wedding a memorable one...hak hak hak