Jun 11, 2006

A round shaped ball

I guess most football fanatics will be talking about the most sought after cup in the world..the World Cup 2006- Germany..I'm not a footballer per se..coz i'm kaki bangku..so i won't pretend to luv the game..to give full review on each games...coz i'm pretty bad at it...But it does not mean i hate the game...coz for me..the meaning of football or as the US would call it as soccer since for them the NFL is thy football..who they hell they think they are...their so called football only played there..but they claimed to be the best game in history...hah..full of BS...

Anyway...coming back to the meaning of football to me is the drama behind the game...its full of dramatic event...full of hardship...sorrow..happiness just like watching The OC...guilty pleasure..hehehhe..and also a quick formula to make friends..My schoolmate told me this secret..There's 2 way to make new friends...1. Smoke...2. Play football....it's an easy tactic but it works...its a tried and proven method...it unites humanity..regardless of race..religion and beliefs...

I remembered in the heyday of Malaysia football scene...late 90's..where Selangor is on top of the world...my friend asked me to ride a bike from my hometown to Shah Alam just to watch Selangor vs Sabah..he got no license....so we rode for 1 1/2 hr just to watch a 90 minutes game...At 1st, we were one down..but then one of the foreign striker i forgot his name..scored a equaliser and we were jumping like mad in the stadium...and i hugged an indian dude at the back of me and jumping altogether..hahaha..we didn't even know each other but that goal unite both of us....that's the power of the game..who would think i'd would hug some stranger at night..hahaha

This game would stop a war..would start a war...and really changes you..that's why it is a beautiful game..So to those girls...wives..mothers who can't seem to comprehend why mens addicted to watch this game...it is bcoz we dun watch Dynasty..Knots Landing..General Hospital...or other soap opera...this is where grown men weeped. This is where men imagines he's the manager..the player..the ref..just to make a difference just like the girls would imagine herself in the drama..same thing....let your imagination run wild...

That's why we watch 22 men chasing over a round shaped ball all over the pitch...just like the heroine being chased by 2 or 3 hunky men...

Oh yeah..fyi, as a kaki bangku like me...managed to score 2 beautifuuuul goals for my team this yr was quite a feat...but we lost the FA Cup and the runner up for the league...its all my fault...lambat panas for the season...


"Never talks defeat. Use words like hope, belief, faith, victory. – Norman Vincent Peale"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aku suka ler the OC!

tgazfa

the evil genius said...

Yeah...me too..hahaha